Saturday, July 10, 2010

my son, give me your heart.


You ever spend time with the Lord, and you're so convicted that you can hardly breathe? One of those moments when all you can do is sit, face down, tears in eyes, flustered, breathless, speechless at the One who created the universe? I had one of those moments tonight. Though it was a chastening of some sort, it was a huge blessing because I know that the work the Lord continues to do in and through me is working for His eternal glory... what could be more exciting than that?

We all know when our hearts aren't right or proper in the sight of God. Maybe it's because of something we choose to put before Him, or maybe it's something as simple as the flesh getting in the way of what we know is true & pure. Either way, we know it needs to be worked out by Him and it's in those times of desperation (at least for me..) that He comes to my rescue. Rescue doesn't always mean happiness and joy. It sometimes means chastening, conviction, sadness. It's a place I come to often where God has to remind me that He is what matters in this life most. Not material things, things of worth, or gifts on Earth... but Him. By Himself..just Christ. It's a place that I've seen too many times in desperation, loneliness, heartache and confusion... yet even though they aren't always times of joy... they eventually yield the fruit of joy and gladness. Why? Because God is SO GOOD and His faithfulness is over all His works. I am a CHILD of HIS.

It's in times like these where all I can do is offer up my hopes, dreams, desires and needs to the One who intricately places such things in my heart. It's a place where when I feel suffocated, I can bring them to Him as a sacrifice in prayer, hoping that He will do what He wills with them. I've come to this place many times, and coming to understand that if the things I feel or "need" do not blend with God's plans, then I don't want them anymore...I refuse to want them anymore.

God knows WHAT'S BEST and I need to remember that. He is faithful! As I read my Daily Light tonight, the Lord reached out to me in such a unique way, that all I can do is be face down at His feet... adoring Him for all that He is. Words don't suffice, feelings don't muster up, and nothing I think, say, do, or feel can be equivalent to the thankfulness, and love I feel towards Him.

He is so good. My prayer is that this would minister to you, maybe strike a few areas in your heart, and cause you to fall more passionately in love with our Beautiful, Precious Savior. He is worth all of our attention, all of our praise, and He is worthy of all that we are. After all, He took OUR sins, paid the ultimate price SELFLESSLY on the cross at Cavalry. You think it's strange that I surrender all that I am to the One who sacrificially gave all that He had for me? Think again.

"My son, give me your heart. Oh, that they had such a heart in them that they would fear Me and always keep all My commandments, that it might be well with them and with their children forever! Your heart is not right in the sight of God (wow..). Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. They . . . first gave themselves to the LORD. In every work that Hezekiah began . . . to seek his God, he did with all his heart. So he prospered. Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life. Whatever you do, do it heartily to the LORD. As bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, with goodwill doing service, as to the LORD, and not to men. I will run the course of Your commandments, for You shall enlarge my heart."
(Proverbs 23:26, Deut. 5:29, Acts 8:21, Rom 8:7-8, 2 Cor 8:5, 1 Chron 31:21, Prov 4:23, Col 3:23, Eph 6:6-7, Ps 119:32)

No comments:

Post a Comment