Monday, June 28, 2010

sweet sound

I can't believe the Summer is nearing an end. Even though it's not quite July yet, Summer always flies by once the fourth of July rolls around the corner. Six months ago, I would say that I dread going back to school....but now, I am more thrilled than ever to be in my new beautiful apartment, back at Encounter, enjoying quality time with my friends, and starting my Senior year of college. God has done so much in and through me these past few months, teaching me things I needed to see... and opening my eyes to new realizations about my life. I am so blessed by all His provision, faithfulness and grace in my life. He has shown me to be JOYFUL in what He gives me... which is ISU. He has taught me to be CONTENT with where He has me for this time...this time is HIS purpose...this time is my season for His reason... I need to know and be comfortable in this time. It was hard coming to terms with that, seeing as though I'm quite impatient and often times irritable, but the Lord always prepares our hearts for what is to come, and I can most definitely say He has prepared mine for this up & coming year.

I'm not quite sure what all He holds for me this year... I bet there are things I would have never imagined He'd do. Probably a lot of hardships, but He has it all in His control. I am enjoying the time I am spending now as I nanny and work a second job, preparing for whatever comes for me in these next few months.

Something the Lord has shown me lately, is that, I am called to serve others. I am blown away by the heart He has given me for people..specifically women, but overall His people. Mostly, my generation at school. It's heartbreaking to see the thousands of people who reject Christ, deny Him, walk away, or just fully hate Him. Something I'm having a hard time understanding, God reassures me that in this world, there will be tribulation but HE has overcome. So comforting. A good friend of mine introduced me to a song by Sarah Reeves called "Sweet Sound". The first few lines read:

"I am an instrument of the living God,
My life a melody to His name.
More than the songs I sing,
Worship is everything,
I live to glorify my King.
Hear the song of my life...
Let it be a sweet sweet sound."

Amen. My life has been created to love the Maker of it. I was created to serve others with LOVE, selflessness, and with the gifts He has given me. He has given all of His children unique and special gifts, not to selfishly keep to ourselves, or use for our own glory and pride... but to glorify GOD and to bring others into His presence, or just to help others know and understand Him. I have learned that my life is destined to be a melody, a testimony, a living breathing example of Christ in every area of it. Thoughts, words, actions... it all mirrors (or should mirror..) Christ. Of course no one is perfect and our flesh often times overrides what the Spirit wants to do...but God is faithful. He has not punished us according to our iniquities. I love Him so much for that. Yet, in all I say, do, and think...I desire my life to be a sweet sound for Him, and to Him.

Everything I am, is for the Lord. NOTHING of this world should be stamped into my life. If the world is cheering for me, and loving me..chances are I'm doing something wrong. The only part of the world that I should be apart of, is to bring Jesus to it.

All else is fading away. He remains... and my prayer is that I would continue to fall more in love with Him daily, and that He would take away the laziness, the comfort, and the complacency I have in this world, and from the world. My prayer is that I would go out and be an active servant for Christ, in every which way...using the gifts He has so graciously blessed me with to bring glory to His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment