Thursday, June 3, 2010

for such a time as this.


The Summer has only started and I can already tell the Lord is going to do a mighty work in me to grow me and challenge me spiritually. I'm so thankful for all He has done so far in my life. As I looked back on the year the Lord showed me a few things I was late in realizing. I was blessed beyond measure -- don't get me wrong. He opened doors for ministry, brought me wonderful fellowship, and used me in ways I never thought could happen! Yet, through the blessings and the love that grew for the Lord, it was also difficult, often times treacherous, and sometimes a nightmare. Through certain circumstances I was suffering, struggling and literally gasping for air. Through the crying out and trusting in the Lord, I found myself bitter, angry, and annoyed with school. There were several nights I would just tell people how much I hated it, didn't enjoy it, and regretted choosing it, even though I KNEW God had a specific plan for me! Then that's when He revealed the problem.

I was never content. At all. The entire year.

One scripture verse I had on my wall was from Philippians stating that in ALL things we should be content! With food and clothing be content. Yet I had just rinsed that clear from my mind once I read it. Why? Because I spent my year grumbling, complaining and dissatisfied. I'm pretty sure the Lord looked down upon me and wasn't pleased. I realized that He didn't punish me for being dissatisfied, but through the heartaches and tribulations He was trying to tell me that I needed to be CONTENT in all things.

The Lord has shown me this past year new desires, new goals, and He has given me a new heart towards things I never knew I had a heart for, specifically ministry. It's my passion, it's my desire, it's what I want to labor for... for Jesus. I want every single part of me to give to the Lord what He deserves, DAILY! So in my mind I thought "What's the point in school? I want ministry.", yet He had me in school. In Esther it says that "..you were brought here for such a time as this."

So, this is MY time. School. The Lord has His reasons and His purposes, and His ways are above mine. I've come to realize that my problem all along was my dissatisfaction and discontentment with where He had/has me.

My prayer is that He would continue to ignite a flame inside my heart for my career and for my education, that He would make me 150% content in ALL THINGS...school, ministry, and others.

Once I fully realized what the problem was and prayed..it was as if He had poured upon me an overflow of peace, blessings, and excitement for this new up & coming year. Is our God good or what?

It's easy to take for granted all we have, and it's even easier to grumble, mumble and complain about something...anything...everything in our lives!! Where you are, is where the Lord has you, for such a time as this! To be dissatisfied and discontent is almost offensive to the Lord, for He has had these plans for you all along! Trust in Him, and pray that you would be content and satisfied in ALL and EVERY situation, circumstance and season you're in.

This is my prayer as well.

"Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content." - 1 Timothy 6:6-8

"Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am to be content. I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need." - Philippians 4:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment