Saturday, May 29, 2010

worth it.

"There's a girl in the corner, with tear stains on her eyes from the places shes wandered and the shame she can't hide, she says how did i get here? I'm not who I once was, and I'm crippled by the fear that I've fallen too far to love. But don't you know who you are? What has been done for you? Don't you know who you are.... you are more than the choices that you've made you are more than the sum of your past mistakes, you are more than the problems you create...you've been remade."

Once I found out the new Tenth Avenue North CD came out I ran out and bought it. These guys don't only have a raw talent, but they are passionate for Christ and live it out to the fullest. Their music portrays Godliness, truth and purity. This song I quoted was from their new CD and it's called "You Are More". Can you relate to it? I know I can. That girl was ME a year or so back. And even though I walked through the darkness my flesh wasn't feeling bad about it. I look back and think 'wow... how could I have done such things?' Whenever I step into a place that I know fulfills the lusts of the flesh, I just feel odd and weird being there, and I realized you can't possibly be filled with the Spirit and a Christian and enjoy the things of the world. It isn't possible.

The Lord truly convicted me of this, but He's always gracious to remind me that the mistakes of the past, are in the PAST... and He doesn't remind of you them once they're forgiven. Satan tries to use our past mistakes to condemn us and make us believe we aren't good enough for Christ but that's a total lie.

I was that girl who continuously made mistakes and lived in sin, until Christ redeemed me. Through His unconditional love for me, and because of the cross... I am redeemed and have been made new. SUCH a blessing :) He is so good!

If you find yourself curious to whether or not you truly know Christ, yet still fulfill the things of this world, or the desires of your flesh...think again. There is no way you can enjoy the things of this world and STILL be a Christian. It isn't Biblical, and it isn't upright.

Jesus is worth SO MUCH MORE than the things of this world. If you are in Christ, you wouldn't even WANT to be involved with the things of this world.

He's so worth giving up everything you've ever had, to follow after the One who can give you everything you need. Think about that.

"Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever." 1 John 2:15-17

No comments:

Post a Comment