Thursday, May 13, 2010

to God alone be the glory.


As I have been spending my quiet times with the Lord daily, He has given me a few verses that have stuck with me through the rough times. His love and faithfulness never ceases to pour upon me, even when I think I am completely broken and lost. He amazes me with His love and goodness towards me. Lately, He has comforted me with Romans 8:18-39. It's such a beautiful thing to be reminded of the fact that, even though in this life we go through tribulations and troubles.... our God is GREATER, and the glory which shall be revealed in us doesn't even compare to this hurt on earth.

It's a constant reminder of, there will be much tribulation in the world but the Lord has overcome the world. So sweet :) I just simply love the verse in Romans 8 that states, "For we were saved in this hope, but hoe that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance." SO true!!! That convicted me one night as I lay in bed. Why am I still desiring, still hoping for the rewards and blessings on this EARTH? I haven't been eternally minded and it's something the Lord convicted me of. We are to hope for the redemption of our Savior... for what's to come in heaven! NOT on this earth. I've realized... if we hope for goodness on this earth, we will always be dissatisfied. This earth can't simply fill the void with anything good... only Christ can do that.

Romans 8 is a beautiful example of reminding me that, though I go through darkness, tribulation and storms... God is faithful, and our glory which will be revealed in us is far more exceedingly greater than anything in this world.

I had a few dear friends spend the night this week and we went to my mentor and her husband's Bible study on Tuesday night... what a BLESSING it was :) God was so evident! The message was on how worry can cripple our thoughts, and leave us broken and non-trusting in Christ. So sad, and so true. I heard something that stuck with me.... it's that, though the darkness and hard times have been upon me, and I feel as though there's no air left... it's OKAY... because God has done enough for me! His death on the cross and sweet love for me is MORE than enough.. I shouldn't need anything else, and I shouldn't want anything else! So true. I am in aw of my Savior's love for me ... and that's more than enough.

So, as I walk daily hand in hand with Him...my prayer is fall more passionately in love with Him, and to obey whatever it is His will is. Though I can't see it yet, and I'm confused, foggy, and feeling lost at times, God is greater than it all... and HIS plan is far better than anything I can ever hope or dream of.

He is it, the best, the only, everything we need and should hope for.

Read Romans 8:18-39 and pray upon what the Lord would have of you to do. He is faithful, full of love, compassion and mercy.


"Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." Romans 8:37

No comments:

Post a Comment