Friday, May 14, 2010

oh, taste and see....

Through my devotional time lately, I keep going back to Psalm 34 as it is such a sweet sound to me. It's everything I am feeling lately, and more.. to offer Jesus the praises He deserves! Ever have those times in your prayer/journal time with Him that all you want to do is sing praises to Him over and over again? He alone is worthy.. sometimes I just want to burst out singing unto Him! Psalm 34 starts off with, "I will bless the Lord at ALL TIMES, His praise shall continually be in my mouth." SO awesome. It convicts me too... considering that I'm not always, and not even HALF of my time, praising the Lord for His goodness in my life. It's something I take for granted, His willingness to offer me blessings and yet I don't thank Him enough.

Throughout the entire chapter of Psalm 34, although it is altogether beautiful, my favorite verse would have to be 8.

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is GOOD; Blessed is the man who TRUSTS in Him!"

So wonderful. As I have looked back upon this year and the years prior, I have been nothing but grateful, thankful, and beyond blessed at all the Lord has done and continues to do!! Still amazing that He's chosen me, the foolish of this world, to be used in ways I could have never imagined.

Every time I go back and read verse 8, all I can do is sit in silence, meditating on it and thanking the Lord over and over again, for surely, the Lord IS GOOD! I am tasting His goodness every day I breathe. I am BLESSED but only because of HIM and because I have trusted in His mercy! How could anything in this world be better? There is NOTHING better than this.... nothing! Though I go through trials and tribulations...I have seen the past troubles and how God has redeemed me because I loved Him, walked hand in hand with Him, and TRUSTED in His goodness. His hand is not short to save, nor His ear heavy. He hears the cries of the righteous.... He is all together perfect, beautiful, lovely, and just.

I am madly, passionately, and incredibly in love with Him. Nothing can ever compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment