Saturday, May 22, 2010

beautiful day,




Add Image
This past weekend was SUCH a blessing. My best friend got married and began her new life with her precious hubby. How sweet. It was quite the weekend! My dad did the ceremony so it was neat to truly see him in action! It was different this time, though. I've seen my dad do weddings all my life....but seeing him marry my best friend was something else. It reminded me of how sweet my Heavenly Father is, but how sweet my earthly father is as well. God has blessed me beyond measure with a dad who not only devotes himself to ministry and Christ, but to his family and work. It's a huge blessing to see my father do all he can to sacrifice himself for his family and ministry. A picture perfect metaphor for Christ and His church. As I walked down the aisle before my dear best friend, I looked at my dad on the other end and began tearing up. It was so weird! I thought to myself -- HOW am I going to even survive my wedding tear free?! With my sweet dad walking me down the aisle AND marrying me, and then being face to face with my precious soon to be husband....it's a tear fest waiting to happen.

But that's ok. It all is such a sweet reminder of how faithful our God is in WAITING for who He has for me. Such a blessing. As I got to celebrate the weekend with friends and loved ones, my excitement and love for my best friend only grew. She wasn't the little girl who used to play legos with me!!! She was a woman, now starting a new journey with the man of her dreams.... and Jesus guiding them both :) How sweet.

My prayer for Danielle and AJ is that their love would abound more towards Christ every single day, as they too, fall more madly in love with each other.

It was the hugest blessing. If I'm this overwhelmed and thankful for my friend's wedding... WHAT am I going to be like for my own? Man, I'm worried to find out :)

That will definitely be the day... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment