Wednesday, April 14, 2010

i'm singing.


Kari Jobe is one of my favorite worship leaders. Her heart for God is so intense and she desires to walk closely with Him every single day. Her worship is so anointed and I am completely ministered by it and blessed!! God has truly used her worship in my life to change my heart towards worship ministry :)

One of her songs really stick out to me. "I'm Singing" is a song about being joyful and singing praises to God REGARDLESS of circumstance or situation. We can be blessed beyond measure and sing. We can be battered, beaten and torn and still sing praise to God. I think as Christians we all suffer those times where spiritually, we feel defeated, torn, hopeless....but you know what, in those times it's important to continuously sing praises to God even MORE because His work is going to be done through those situations!!!

My life has been a battle with warfare, worldly and spiritually. But through it all, God has reminded me of His unfailing love and redemption over my life. I no longer need to think of the past because it is BEHIND ME and Christ is going to do something so totally new through me. Praise? Heck yeah :)

So, to all the times I've felt hopeless.... I'm singing.
To my heart, who now has to deal with the past of impure relationships...I'm Singing.
To these rough patches with school where I continuously fail at math..I'm Singing.
To the lies satan throws at me that I'm ugly and unworthy...I'm Singing.
To the beautiful ministry God has led me to at college...I'm Singing.
To the verbal and mental abuse I've received in the past...I'm Singing.
To the times of feeling not good enough...I'm Singing.
To the POWER through CHRIST to help me forgive the unforgivable...I'm Singing.
To the joy and strength I have in Jesus....I'm Singing.
To the painful time when I lost a childhood friend by a bullet...I'm Singing.
To the three best girlfriends I could ever have growing up with....I'm Singing.
To the honor of being a daughter of a Pastor....I'm Singing.
To the people who have gossiped about me and slandered my name..I'm Singing.
To the feelings I feel now of discouragement, uselessness, hurt, darkness, being tattered and torn....I'm Singing.
To the gift of being single and Christ working in my heart...I'm Singing.
To all of the things I face before, now, and in the future, whether good or bad, whether by God or by satan.... I'm Singing, because regardless, Christ WILL overcome.

"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13

No comments:

Post a Comment