Tuesday, December 7, 2010

just give me Jesus.

Lately, the Lord has put a few things on my heart to really draw me nearer to Him. For a few months now He has shown me what it's truly like to live. It isn't all about the cultural beauty, material possessions, friends, popularity, ect. He has shown me that the purpose of living, is living a life of simplicity, of holiness and of purity. This is the life I yearn to live and why? Simply, because my Jesus has given all He had (His life) for my ransom. What else could I possibly live for?

I have seen Him bring me out of the pit of broken hearts, promiscuity, bitterness, unforgiveness, brokenness, loneliness, helplessness, hopelessness. I mean...the list goes on and on and on. I can honestly say that my life with Jesus has been nothing less than joyful, peaceful, and worth living. The life I lived before...useless, empty and depressing. So, why would I not choose to live sold out for Him? Why would I not choose to live simply, and in holiness?

I fall short almost every day and I'm sick of myself. Yet, I know that the Lord is faithful. He knows I am but dust. He has shown me, that a life away from the cultural norms is a life of joy. Sure, it's a life of barely anything aside from Him...but who cares? I love it. I have learned that in whatever state I'm in, I am to be content and REJOICING with joy inexpressible. I believe He is also preparing me for what is to come...because at Bible College, there are no TV's, barely any music, and not a lot of internet ;) So I am soooo thankful and blessed He has taken these few months to prepare me mentally and spiritually. What an awesome, powerful God I serve.

So, as He has been teaching me to live a life of simplicity, I can honestly say it's a life worth living. Just this past Sunday my mom spoke at our annual Christmas Dessert at church. The theme was "Glory to God in the Highest" and it was EVERYTHING I needed to hear, and everything the Lord had been teaching me in this season of my life! She spoke on living simply, saying 'goodbye' to all the unnecessary distractions this world has to offer. She spoke on living in holiness and how the Lord is to be our cornerstone, our rock and our focus in this life. At the end of her message, my mom shared a video by Anne Graham Lotz. Daugher of Billy Graham who is a famous evangelical speaker across the world, she is probably one of the most impacting speakers of her time.

What a precious virtuous woman of God she is. This video made me cry. It made me think of the prodigal, the lost, the searching, the broken, the helpless. It made me think of who I used to be apart from Christ. It made me realize the gratitude and thankfulness I need to portray to my wonderful Savior for all He has done for me.

No matter where you are in life, who you are, what you've been through or where you plan on going...God is real, powerful, sovereign, and He's pursuing you, I just know it. To repent of your sin and believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ...now that is a life worth living. Please, watch this. And truly let it sink into your heart. I know the Lord has something for you through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment