Sunday, December 5, 2010

wait.


I have found that in my own sin and ignorance I have been trying to alter the plans God has for me. I have tried to rush them, change them, bargain with Him about them. As I think upon all that the Lord has already done for me, why in the world would I want to change anything else He has in store? Everything He's done so far has been extremely perfect in His will and timing.

The distractions of this life are so huge. They can tear at you until you cave into the sins you once used to be involved in. I have come back to a place of knowing that simplicity of just Jesus is the purest, holiest, most precious form of living. I obviously own a computer, a cell phone, a television, movies, music, ect ect ect. Those things are wonderful until they suck the time, energy and life out of you and cause you to have nothing left for the Lord. Sad life, isn't it?

I have found that I, too, have become to obsessed with the cultures of the world. Nothing morally wrong or debased, just things that draw me away from the Lord. Once that happens, you can find yourself unsatisfied, discontent, wondering how your life could be different. Isn't satan so lame?

He knows our weaknesses, the things that can draw us away from God. So he tries to use them so that we would stumble and fall. God is much more victorious, but we have to be willing to surrender and sacrifice all these things onto His lap and say 'Ok, Lord..no more. YOU are in control.'

You'd think by the millionth time of these things happening we would learn. But we don't. I wonder why that is. I'm sure the Lord weeps for His children quite often. I'm sure He grieves over the fact that our sin often times becomes more powerful than our desire to be holy. I, too, have been at fault for this.

The desire and passions of this life (should be) that our aim would be to walk in holiness, purity and righteousness. Our aim should be to seek the things which are above, where Christ is and not things of the earth. Nothing in this world/life can possibly satisfy like Jesus. Who is like Him? No one.

So, as I came across my aggravation, dissatisfaction, discontentment, annoyances, and the list goes on....I have come to find that it's my problem because I've let my own pride, selfishness and sin get into the way of what the Lord truly wants to do. Whether it be the plans for now or for the future. It is His command that we surrender it ALL unto Him. It is His command that as children of God we are to let go and let GOD do the work.

We try to rush the plans? They end up disastrously. We try to change the plans and we end up in brokenness. We try to go about them our own way and we end up in sin.

I want to share a poem with you that truly pierced my heart. Praying that you, too, will WAIT upon the Lord for every single thing in your life. Big or small, it's nothing He doesn't want to lead and direct. Trust Him.



I said, "Let me walk in the field";
God said, "No, walk in the town";

I said, "There are no flowers there";

He said, "No flowers, but a crown."



I said, "But the sky is black,

There is nothing but noise and din";
But He wept as He sent me back,
"There is more,"
He said, "there is sin."



I said, "But the air is thick,
And smog is veiling the sun";
He answered, "Yet souls are sick,

And your work is yet undone."



I said, "I will miss the light,

And friends will miss me, they say";

He answered me,
"Choose tonight,
If I am to miss you, or they."


I pleaded for time to be given;
He said, "Is it hard to decide?

It will not seem hard in Heaven
To have followed the steps of your Guide."


I cast one look at the field,
Then set my face to the town;

He said, "My child, do you yield?

Will you leave the flowers for the crown?"



Then into His hand went mine,
And into my heart came He;

And I walk in light Divine,

The path I had feared to see.



- George McDonald -

No comments:

Post a Comment