Saturday, December 12, 2009

The LORD is in your midst...

There are many times in my life when I fear the unknown or fear what will happen "if" something does or does not happen. Why as Christians do we fear and become worried when we KNOW God has it all covered? I know that its normal to fear and be worried about what will be... but I have no reason to not trust God with my plans, hopes, desires, and future. Before my substance He saw me being yet unformed (Psalm 139) He knew everything about me before I was even conceived. What is there NOT to trust about Him? Every morning and evening I do a devotional called The Daily Light. It gives about 7 verses that go along with our walks with the Lord. Whoever has this little book knows what a treasure it is. Filled with promises, love, joy, and wisdom... it comforts my heart in the times when I need it and it convicts me in the desperate times when I cannot see the wretchedness in my own heart. God speaks so clearly through it every single day.

As I finished this semester my fears and worries triggered into my math class that is seriously impossible. And even though I don't know my overall grade, it freaked me out because I kept pondering the what ifs, and the realities of the class. I stopped trusting, believing, and knowing that God had it under control because I was too worried about the what ifs. I've realized that walking with the Lord is never easy. There are so many blessings and joys when walking with Christ, and the love that I receive is far more amazing than ANY love, but there are many hardships, tests, and fears that go along with trusting in Him. God uses those times to test us and to see whether or not we would be faithful to Him and KNOW that He has it all under control. Problems after problems came up the past 6 months and as I lay in bed one night it all dawned on me... it was all tests to see if I would trust in the Lord. I become impatient because I want to know things NOW and not wait. But how can God grow our hearts and minds more like Him if we always knew everything that would come our way? We can't skip over the learning experiences problems because God uses them to teach us so many things.

Today and last night I have been so burdened and sad over school and my grade. As I opened my Daily Light and read Psalm 46 I could help but to be OVERWHELMED with blessings from my King. May you, as well, be encouraged through His promises He sent us as His children....

"The Lord is in your midst. Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees. Say to those who are fearful-hearted, "Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God; He will come and save you." The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. I heard a loud voice from heaven, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God himself will be with them and be their God." And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain."
{ Zephaniah 3:15, Isaiah 41:10, Isaiah 35:3-4, Zephaniah 3:17, Psalm 27:13, Revelation 21:3-4 }

1 comment:

  1. What a dear sweet sister you are, Angela Janine!!!!
    L/Y, just like you truly WERE my sis....(well, you ARE, sort of, right??!!!) =)

    I praise God for what He's doing in your life/heart!!!

    I too, love my "Daily Light"--and daily experience the blessing of knowing God in a more intimite, more complete way,--as I realize, HE truly DOES know EVERYTHING about me, and He STILL wants to lead me, teach me, encourage me, and bless me, just the same!!! How COMFORTING and AWESOME is our God, huh?!!!!
    Love you much, dear Angela....May God bless you for your boldness for HIM as you STAND for HIM, and only HIM!!!!!!

    Love,
    Heather(in AZ)

    ReplyDelete