Friday, January 15, 2010

above and beyond.

As the first week of my second semester classes wrapped up, I couldn't help to think all week of how God has clearly provided in my life all this way. His provision is crystal clear and I am so blessed by Him. He promises to give all we need and ask for if we obey Him and listen to what His word says. As a lot of hardships happened last semester, I knew that the entire time situations crumbled down before me... God had it all under control. He continually reminded me of Isaiah 41:10 and His blanket of peace was stretched over me. As I went to class this week to begin my second semester of my Junior year, I suddenly realized WHY God had allowed all those things to happen to me first semester. It is so magical! The Lord clearly was with me the entire time. Failing math was no longer a horrible tragedy in my life, but it was a learning and growing experience. This semester, re-taking that class, God has placed me with such a wonderful teacher, he is such a blessing! I understand the concepts and feel at ease with what God did. As my dear friend said to me... "See? Everything happens for a reason." and that is SO TRUE. Everything happens for GOD'S purpose. He has a purpose laid out for me... one that is foggy right now, but I believe is becoming clearer :) It is such a blessing to see the work He's doin in my life.

As I walked through the rest of the week I was exceedingly abundantly blessed by my classes. Not only are they quite easy... but I love them! I read the textbooks and enjoy it... now, what college student could tell you THAT?! :) God has just overwhelmed me with his grace, peace, mercy and most of all love. What a blessing it is!!! As I came across the right words to say, thoughts to think, and prayers of thanksgiving unto my Lord... nothing could suffice. Jesus brought me back to the well known passage of Ephesians that states,

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory. . ." Ephesians 3:20-21.

What powerful words!! I could go over this statement over and over again... but it always remains the same. We seem to have a map of what our lives look like, it's all planned out with times and scenarios... and we try our hardest to match what OUR design looks like. The problem? We're trying to control, and we're not letting God do the work. When we surrender every aspect of our lives to the Lord, He may be doing something different, but it's always exceedingly abundantly what you can even imagine!!!

This is how I've felt this entire week. Exceedingly blessed by His provision, love, guidance, peace, mercy, and forgiveness for me :) Isaiah 55:8 states that, His ways are not your ways, nor are your thoughts His thoughts, for as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are His ways higher than your ways, and His thoughts than your thoughts.... what a mouthful! But something SO TRUE that we need to keep in mind as believers. To walk in light, and to trust in Him with all our hearts.

Ahh...exceedingly abundantly.. such precious words :) As I ponder all that the Lord is doing in my life, I can begin to see WHY He's allowed things and is allowing things to occur in my life. It's such a blessing!!! He's taken such a wretched, sinful, fallen woman, and brought her to a place of pure love, admiration and joy over Him. Something so sweet :)

Be encouraged and joyful in the Lord... there is NOTHING else like it. Trust in Him, especially when you think that what you desire could never even happen. The Lord knows the desires of your heart...walk in Him and He will fulfill those!

He surely does give exceedingly abundantly all that we ask for or think... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment