Sunday, January 17, 2010

most beautiful love.


Ahhh love. The one thing that every girl dreams about since they day they are 5. It seems as though the world gives false impressions of what 'true love' is. It wasn't until the past year or two when I found out the TRUE meaning of love and God clearly made it known to me. Tenth Avenue North is a band that I love so much.... they wrote a song entitled "Beloved". It's all about God and loving His church just like the bride. It's the most beautiful piece I've ever heard, and it brings me back to the Song of Solomon in the Bible. Sometimes confusing, yet riveting, this is the greatest book ever written with pure, true, and faithful definitions of romance and love. It's absolutely remarkable.

I've known this already but I love saying it again.... love is the cross. Without the cross, and Jesus's death on the cross... we would be NOTHING, and we would not have love at all. It was His true, selfless, undying love for us that we are saved and should desire to love Him in return.

As I thought about life and the things God has called me to, other questions and curiosities wander through my mind... yet God continues to bring me back to His simple truth. "Wait on me, and allow Me to give you the most beautiful, hand written love story of all time. Until then, love Me, trust Me, walk with Me and obey Me and I will give you the desires of your heart." Such beautiful words from the greatest love I know :)

I have fallen short. And I have been in relationships in the past. I'm not saying dating/relationships are bad, because they're not! They're GOOD. They give us a sense of what we need and desire in a future spouse. They also teach us what a GOOD relationship looks like, one that is God centered and led by the Lord, and what a BAD or unhealthy relationship looks like (and I've been in a few of those!!! Yikes!) Dating may be right or wrong for some people. It's different for everyone because God has already written out your love story.... now He needs to walk you through it to get to your spouse! Throughout all the heartaches, losses, and frustrations of relationships I never fully applied myself to the greatest relationship ever known. One between me and the Lord. It's so simple eh? Not for everyone. Some people don't desires to surrender themselves fully to the Lord, to give them their relationships and decisions about their future spouse. It's difficult because often times we get so lonely and want a companion and that "one true love" but we often miss what love is all about. If we have no idea what love is all about, then how can we ever find it? God gave the greatest, most beautiful, lovable, unique gift of all time... His son. Through His son God sent forgiveness, mercy and most of all LOVE. Jesus's death on the cross was the epitome of true love.

Oh, it became SO CLEAR to me this past September at my Encounter Fall Retreat. I always celebrated Good Friday and the crucifixion but I don't really think it sunk in as deeply as it did for me that weekend. God's voice rang SO LOUD, I could barely hear my heart beat.... it was incredible :) His love was THE ONLY love I needed... and the cross was the definition of that TRUE LOVE :) Such a blessing.

As I accepted that truth and made it the building block to ALL I do, God has given me tremendous peace and comfort in HIS love, knowing that our relationship is the most beautiful love story ever written :) He's given me contentment, fulfillment, and joy, and I have confidence in knowing that He also holds the love story written for me and my husband.... He just has yet to reveal it to me :)

What an exciting time in the lives of those who are single. And don't worry you who are married, engaged, or in relationships... I'm not bashing you!! How EXCITING that God has brought that one person into your life! But for all the single people... this is the most exciting time of your lives. God has picked out someone for you already... He has him/her in His hands... just fixing the intricate details of your life until it's HIS perfect timing to bring them to you! But until then.... fall in love with Jesus and give Him every since piece of your love life. He will so fulfill you with all you need and desire!

Tonight I was reading in Song of Solomon and God gave me these scriptures:

"Like an apple tree among the trees of the woods, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down in his shade with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love. Sustain me with cakes of raisins, refresh me with apples, for I am lovesick. His left hand is under my head, and his right hand embraces me. I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, do not stir up nor awaken love until it pleases."

Lovesick. Who would have thought this could be a GOOD thing? :) But it so is!!! Bask in His presence and fall more in love with Him.

There's some things that always remind me of how wonderful, miraculous, loving, and perfect my God is. With His love, nothing can compare. With the love of the Lord....

He never leaves you.
He never breaks your heart.
He never lies to you.
He fulfills your desires with blessings.
He comforts you when no one else will listen.
He drops everything, and anything to listen to you..the Lord never sleeps.
He promises to come again and redeem you (like the bride and her bridegroom)
He keeps every secret.
He holds your hand every step of the way.
He guides you and gives you direction.
He's way smarter than me... His words and wisdom are far beyond my own discernment.
He provides when all else has failed.
He is sufficient.
He is enough.
He is LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. You are lovely, my dear. I'm so proud of you and how you continue to respond to the Lord as He pursues you. He is just crazy about you! Continue to wait on the Lord and He will amaze you. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete