Tuesday, January 5, 2010

its ok to be unsuual.

I want to share with you something out of the book I've been reading written by Chris Tomlin. For those of you who don't know, Chris is a well renown worship leader and follower of Christ. His book, "The Way I Was Made" has been such an inspiration and encouragement in this time of my life. I feel as though God has called me OUT of the 'usual' school degree into something more useful for His glory.... but that we'll get into later :) As I pondered, prayed, and was overwhelmed with what the Lord was calling me to do.... I also came with questions, worries, thoughts, and maybe even a little discouragement. Chris Tomlin had an entire chapter on this! With these words I want to encourage you... don't try to compare your life or worth to anyone else's... God made you for who YOU ARE... not in any way shape or form like the person next to you. :)

"I couldn't point to another person I knew who was doing exactly what I wanted to do. And I didn't really have a name--a job title--for it. I didn't want to be a "music minister"--that description just didn't fit me or my personality. In a situation like that, you can only move forward by faith. And you know, living by faith might sound fun and glamorous. But it isn't. It costs. Still, I encourage you to be open to your passion and to pursue it as you're able, even if you don't know exactly where it might lead. There is no ranking of passions or gifts in God's family. So whatever it is you want to do with your life, you're not second rate, and you're not a mistake. And "normal", whatever that is, isn't something God seems to delight in anyway. If you're wondering why you seem so different from those around you, read 1 Corinthians 12 again. Here is just a part of what Paul had to say: "There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men." When friends from school were turning into accountants, teachers, and investment brokers, I held on to truths like that."

God is leading... trust in Him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment