Sunday, March 14, 2010

random rambling.


Being back to school from Spring Break is kind of like a truck hit me! I'm not ready to get back into the swing of classes, but I am ready for the semester to go by quick so that Summer can come! This past week I got to spend my Spring Break touring the USA, doing service projects in different cities. What a BLESSING it was to see the love and devotion to service from people who were Christians and non-Christians. God truly used each and every one of us for His glory. We traveled to Ohio, New York, Boston, Philly, Washington DC and a few other places to do service projects. We cleaned out a river, swept and mopped floors, painted buildings, went door to door giving out flyers... anything that was needed to be done, we did! I wondered how we survived with only 3 hours of sleep each night, but my only response to that is that the Lord gave me the strength. I NEED at least 8 hours of sleep a night to function, but I was just fine with 3 hours a night only because He gave me the strength needed :) I was blessed.

As we all came together for the first few days, we got to know each other and just stand side by side helping each other in various service projects. But as the week went on, we became strong together, building friendships that we never could think would last forever. 43 people on one bus... and we literally became best friends. It was so neat to see how God worked. He used some of us to be a witness and a light to others who questioned God, or wasn't sure about things. We had a random impromptu worship session one night, and it was THE MOST beautiful, Spirit led worship session I have ever been a part of. God was so there... and to see His spirit move about the room was absolutely incredible. People who didn't even know Him came and sat at His feet.... what a beautiful thing!! As the week went on, I saw God move in specific ways that truly blessed me. He used people on the trip to encourage me, pray for me, listen to me, and give confirmation to things I thought was God's will :) It was SUCH a blessing.

I am so amazed at how the Lord has worked this past week. I cannot WAIT to see what He has in store for my future and for our relationship. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment