Saturday, March 20, 2010

sweet reminders.


*sigh* God is so good :) As I was on my trip last week for Spring Break I toured the US with 42 incredible people. We were on a bus together for 9 days and we became best friends. Who would have thought? On the very last night of the trip we did an exercise where we went around in a circle and individually looked in each others' eyes.. and said thank you from the heart. It was SO NEAT to see how people truly cared and loved me....even after 9 days.

I think about God and how He loves me SO MUCH that it's the same kind of concept. I could just gaze at His beauty for HOURS and not say thank you enough!!! I'm sure He feels the same about me! I feel like in the season of my life that I am in, I still seem to get fearful and worried about certain things. The desires of my heart seem to be immense at points, and I think satan puts a lie in my mind that says "that won't ever happen. God won't give you that. Look at you." It's awful because I give in to that lie and believe it!!! But that's definitely not from God. In Psalm 37 it says "Delight yourself in the LORD and He will GIVE YOU the DESIRES of your heart." So simple... yet as humans we still fear it.

Last night as I was doing my Daily Light devotional, God reassured His love and grace upon me. It was all about not fearing but trusting the Lord in all things. One verse in particular stuck out at me. It was from Joshua. It reads this:

"You know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one thing has failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spoke concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one word of them has failed." - Joshua 23:14


What a beautiful reminder. It is so true, too. As I thought about that.. I couldn't help but think back to the years when I walked away from God, the years when I struggled to keep our relationship alive, the difficulties, obstacles, pressures, fears, heartaches... all the things I went through in my life God has been SO FAITHFUL to promise that He would get me through. And He did. Without even a doubt. Ahh... so awesome. Those simple truths give me the hope to know that God KNOWS the intricate details of our hearts and our desires. Not one thing He has promised has failed to come true. So why am I fearing? He's put these desires in my heart for a reason... and I can already begin to see Him working in my heart to fulfill them. He is such a beautiful God... I am so in love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment