Wednesday, November 24, 2010

hollywood.

I just want to share this video with you because not only does it make me smile, but the lyrics are GREAT! Listen so so carefully to the lyrics. It's the point I'm making. Plus... it's Michael Buble...come on people, he's pretty amazing :)



So don't go higher for desire. Thank you, Michael! So true! I was thinking about hollywood lately, and how it's so hard for every single hollywood couple to stay MARRIED now a days. They give marriage a bad name, and they give divorce glorification which it shouldn't be because its SIN. It's so sad to see all the people who eat up the lime light. They keep pursuing until they get more money, more fame, more beauty, more material things. It's really sad. I love this song because to me, it shares how much you'll be slowly killing yourself being 'famous' and in the spot light. Now, I can only hope Michael truly feels that way ;)

The only thing I disagree with is when he says you can find 'it' in yourself. First of all, what's 'it'? Pretty sure it's happiness, joy, and love. Yet, of course we know we can only find that in Jesus. But over all, I absolutely love this message :) It's pretty spectacular. Am I surprised? Michael brings out a new catchy song all the time! It's great!!

Sometimes I have to remind myself that the pretty things, the popular things, the famous things in life really will only slowly kill you. As I find myself looking in the mirror too much, losing a bunch of weight, trying different kinds of makeup, it's like...who am I really trying to impress here? Is it even worth impressing people? No. The scriptures say that if you were still to please man you would not be a bondservant of Christ. I am a slave of Jesus. HE is the only One I want to 'impress' if that's the right word. We can't even impress Jesus. We're not called to. We're called to walk in holiness, to glorify Him in our daily lives, and to walk worthy of the calling with which He has called us. Now that is something to live by.

The world is passing away. This isn't my home. I have an eternal home in heaven and I can't wait to get there. Daily may I remind myself that my work here is short, and that I need to continue to hourly walk worthy of the calling with which I was called.

I pray the same for you :)

I just LOVE Michael Buble :)

No comments:

Post a Comment