Monday, September 6, 2010

perfect and spotless One.


The more I listen to today's worship music, the more I realize that worship isn't only about singing a praise unto the LORD, though, this is part of it. Everything I say, think, do.. it should all be my worship unto Him. He desires and deserves all of us..every bit and every piece, worshiping Him in all His glory. As I think about all that the LORD has done for me, it never ceases to amaze me that no only does He desire my worship, He DESERVES it! The price paid at Calvary was far more than anything I deserved. One worship song has spoken to me more in these past few weeks than any other I have known. I'm not quite sure the entire story, but this song was written after a fatal shooting at a small town church... several murdered. Rather than blaming people, pointing fingers, and hardening their hearts toward our God, they raised their hands and voices in adoration and praise to Him, singing, "We will overcome, by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony...everyone...overcome.."

They knew that the LORD had greater things in store for them than what happened. They weren't willing to let their circumstances get in the way of their God, or allow it to harden their hearts toward Him. I continue to think upon all the things that the LORD has graciously overcome in my own life. So much sin and unfaithfulness to Him, and it's a struggle STILL, but He is faithful and merciful to be the One who continues to show me that He can and will overcome all the obstacles in our lives. It's so precious to me. What a beautiful, majestic God we serve.

In my past I struggled with various sins I couldn't help but give thanks to the LORD.. for He has truly overcome and been victorious in all my shortcomings. HE is victory. He is the definition of victorious. I am amazed by Him...daily. Living apart from Christ only leads to habitual sin, and it isn't until we repent and surrender our lives fully to Him for the rest of our days, that we can see His love, the cross, and Him victorious in our lives. So precious He is to me.

Seated above, enthroned in the Father's love Destined to die, poured out for all mankind God's only Son, perfect and spotless One. He never sinned, but suffered as if He did All authority, every victory, is Yours Savior, worthy of honor and glory Worthy of all our praise... You overcame Jesus, awesome in power forever Awesome and great is Your name...You overcame Power in hand, speaking the Father's plan You're sending us out, light in this broken land.. We will overcome, by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony Everyone...overcome

No comments:

Post a Comment