Thursday, February 11, 2010

hope in the Lord.

I think sometimes we discourage ourselves by thinking that what we desire can't be possible. What happened to when the Lord told us that what is impossible with man IS POSSIBLE with God? The enemy knows what to do to us to get us feeling defeated and discouraged... but we need to HOPE in the Lord and He will renew our strength!!! As the past few years have gone by, I am reminded of the Lord's faithfulness in my life. I had struggled with many issues in the past and the Lord continued to comfort me with Psalm 37:1-5, and as I flip back to that verse, it continues to comfort me and give me peace through many different trials and tribulations.

"Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious of the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself, also, in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37:1-5


Such reassurance in knowing that the God we love and serve not only will bless you by following Him, but He so desires that you follow Him.. with all your heart! There is no greater joy.

I don't ever want to think that I'll get what I want just by following God's rules... what awful motives those are. We can't use a relationship with God to get what we want... and He knows our true hearts anyways. We need to continually be seeking after Him daily... loving Him with all our hearts and walking hand in hand with Him. All the good things of this earth will soon pass away, but our true and everlasting reward will be in heaven if we commit our lives to Him.

My little devotional that I got as a gift from my dear mentor, sister and friend, was sooo good this morning. Last night I was discouraged and defeated myself.. not believing that the things I had desired for so long could ever come into my life... but God again, in His everlasting lovingkindess for us gave me this passage and I want to share it with you. May it be an encouragement to you as it is to me.

"But as it is written: Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." 1 Corinthians 2:0

If Christians suffer like everybody else, why bother living for God or following Him? If all we had to live for were the rewards of this life, then a "why bother" attitude might be understandable. But this perspective is wrong for at least two reasons. First, when you try to obey God, you end up enjoying life the way it is meant to be enjoyed. Your life displays integrity, and your conscience is clear. Second, this life is not all there is. The Bible is clear that those who trust in Jesus Christ for salvation receive the promise of eternal life. Your faithfulness may or may not result in rewards in this life, but your rewards in heaven will be greater than you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment