Wednesday, February 24, 2010

life.



This past month God opened a door for me to be a volunteer at Pregnancy Resource Center. It's such a blessing to be able to be apart of a ministry that is so devoted to LIFE and God's truth. Since I was in junior high I had always had a desire and a heart for children... especially pro-life organizations. It was so neat growing up in the church, seeing women come from different Crisis Pregnancy Centers and speaking on their ministries and how many lives they have saved through God's grace... it touched me in a real unique way. Little did I know, God had plans for me too :) Lately, my heart has been for teen girls, and always has been for children. God stirred that up within me because only a few weeks after I had really thought about that, He opened up a door at the resource center down here by my school. It was such a neat thing to be able to sit in church and have those girls come up and share their experiences working at the center, and I knew God had called them there for me to have the opportunity to volunteer as well. So neat!

Our mission is to educate young women about their options but to share the good news of Christ. We not only want to love them unconditionally and be there for them every step of the way, but to make sure they know the love that God has for them as well. Without His love in our lives... what do we have to live for? This is SUCH an impacting ministry and last year they had saved 25 babies' lives. Isn't that awesome? My prayer throughout this journey is that God would give me the words to speak, thoughts to think, and correct actions to take when working with these young girls. But most of all, that the Lord would make me emotionally ready for all He has me to be doing. This isn't only a rewarding ministry but a heartbreaking one as well. Many of the girls come in seeking an abortion and desiring that... we never tell them NOT to get one, but our hearts grieve as we know many who come in after abortions and are suffering with the hurt. It's a hard place to be...but the blessing the Lord has given me is to be able to walk hand in hand with these young women and encourage them, pray for them, and share Christ with them. What could be better?

What a blessing it is :)

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward." - Psalm 127:3


"For You formed my inward parts, You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made, marvelous are Your works, that my soul knows very well." - Psalm 139:13-14

1 comment:

  1. That's so neat about your new volunteer opportunity! God definitely has a plan for you there girl, and I know you will be an amazing help to those girls whose lives you touch. Keep up the good work and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete